It is people like him who work hard in the background to ensure that the taps never run out of beer and the brewery performance is optimum. He also ensures that the International Standards of quality and hygiene are maintained at all time.
1. What is your role here?
Brewery maintenance and hygiene control
2. Before working at The GRID, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
I was in a couple of interesting jobs. I started may career in a watch manufacturing company, gradually moved to electronics like television and radio manufacturing. Got my big break in stainless steel fabrication facility in Bangalore, where I spent a good chunk of my youth.
3. How did you first learn about The GRID?
I came here to erect the micro-brewery under the guidance of my previous company, this is when I saw the place for the first time and was in complete awe.
4. How do you balance your career and family?
Since my home is a few kilometers away, I do not waste time on commuting and ‘The GRID’ has given me flexible working hours, where I make most of it by not compromising on my personal or professional life.
5. How has The GRID helped you in your career development?
The GRID gave me an opportunity to learn a unique skill set, namely ‘Brewing’ which has certainly helped in molding my career in the right path.
6. If you could switch your job with anyone else within this company, whose job would you want?
I would like to switch my job with Mr. Koushika Viswanath, for various reasons, to name a few, the job is one of a kind and designing beers are interesting and relaxing at the same time. There are many variables to keep a track of. It is fun filled and exciting to create excellent beers which the city appreciates. His passion is contagious and I have picked it up along the way.
7. What are 3 words to describe The GRID?
Superb, Homely and Craft-Beer.
8. What do you find the most challenging at The GRID?
Keeping the brewery spotless, maintaining it to run without breakdowns and following international hygiene standards.
9. What do you like most about The GRID?
Working in our prestigious micro-brewery.
10. What has been your favourite memory here at The GRID?
Sometimes, after we finish our brewday, we have a small meeting where we check everything and also pass funny remarks on each other, it feels very relaxing and it will always be one of my cherished memories.
11. What have you gained from working here?
I have learnt a great deal of things, namely: brewing, plant maintenance, respecting my fellow colleagues, hygiene standards, etc.
12. What is on your wish list for the next 5 years ?
To become an integral part of ‘The GRID’ by making it the best brewpub in the country.
13. What is the favourite part about working here?
Checking all the beers on tap and while it is fermenting.
14. What is your proudest moment at The GRID?
When they accepted my application for the position of ‘Brewery Quality Control’. Recently, I received a certificate of excellence from the M.D. ‘Mr. Gaurav Karnani’ Sir, It was a proud moment.